Standards Of Care
As an NHS patient registered with our practice you are entitled to:
- Courtesy and respect from the staff.
- Privacy and confidentiality when speaking to any member of staff.
- Be given an appointment the same day if you need to see the doctor urgently or as soon as possible.
- Expect your medicines to be reviewed regularly if you are receiving repeat prescriptions.
- Be referred to a consultant acceptable to you when your GP thinks it is necessary and to be referred for a second opinion if both you and your family doctor agree that is desirable.
- Have access to your medical records, as allowed by the Data Protection Act. Please write to the practice manager if you would like to see these or have copies made. There may be a small charge for this service.
- Have your telephone enquiries answered promptly and dealt with efficiently.
- Be informed of test, x-ray and outpatient results upon request. We will attempt to accommodate all appointment requests from patients. In addition:
- Registered patients aged 16-74 who have not been seen for three years may request a consultation.
- Registered patients over 75 years who have not been seen in the previous 12 months may request a consultation. If you are unable to attend the surgery for this consultation because of your medical condition, a home visit may be arranged.
Help Us To Help You
- By treating all our staff with courtesy.
- By giving the doctor all the relevant information about your condition and past medical history.
- By letting us know when you move address or change telephone number – we need to keep our records up to date.
- By keeping appointments or giving as much notice as possible if you have to cancel.
- By using your appointment for one person only.
- By not expecting a prescription every time you see the doctor – implementing our advice can often be far more effective than drugs.
- By giving 48 hours’ notice before collecting repeat prescriptions.
- By remembering if you need a home visit to make your request before 10.30am. You can also help us by letting us know when you are not happy with the services we provide or if you have useful comments about how they can be improved. Hand in your suggestions at reception.